Sunday, September 20, 2009

I've Got to Get Faster

I just looked at my second half-marathon time and realized that I am getting much slower...never a good thing. My goal for Baltimore (well maybe not Baltimore) is to get back under 2:20. Here's where I started and where I'm at now.
  • Athens, OH half-marathon at around a 2:10 pace.
  • Death Valley Half-marathon: 2:13
  • Boise: 2:18
  • Nashville: 2:32
  • Iowa: 2:25:37
Not sure what happened, but I've definitely gotten slower. My goal for Baltimore is under 2:20. I ran nine this weekend in 1:37, which is about a 10:45 mile pace and that includes running the first mile at a 12-minute mile pace. So that means running about a 10:30 pace for the entire thing. It's supposedly a hilly race though so who knows. Maybe running faster will be the goal for my next race since Baltimore is only three weeks away.

0 comments: