Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Workout Log

Hello running blog. It's been a while. Way too long really. And other than a handful of random workouts between then and now, it's been almost that long since I've had a good workout. That stops today. They say that it's a good idea to track what you eat and your workouts to get into the routine, so once again I'm going to try and keep a real workout log. I'm going to see my family in three weeks from tomorrow and then the rest of my family a month after that so it's time to get serious and back in shape. I've got six pounds to lose (2 lbs a week) and three weeks to do it in.

So here goes.

Food:
I've been struggling lately to eat anything for breakfast other than cereal, which takes time that I don't have. I normally eat a lot of fruit smoothies but Richie has been sick and can't have smoothies so really I've just been skipping breakfast. Today I had about half an apple and half a thing of yogurt (oh and some corn flakes). Definitely not the best start. And I just can't seem to walk past the cupcakes in the office kitchen without eating one. Tomorrow I'll walk by. So I had two cupcakes and a couple of pieces of candy. Fail. For dinner Richie made a broccoli cheese chicken that was delicious, and I actually ate a good portion size (not too much).

Workout:
I did a 45-minute combination weights/cardio DVD called Total Body- Time Crunch. Normally I love it, but I just felt like I was going through the movements today without having any power behind any of them. I still felt great at the end and was sweating like crazy (might be our hot apartment). I just need to remember that feeling the next time I don't want to workout. Success.