Monday, November 3, 2008

Not Too Bad, Not Too Good

Last week I was just too busy to get any workouts in. I did some weights on Monday and played competitive volleyball for a good hour on Saturday (and wow am I sore!!), but that's it. It definitely showed at my WW meeting on Saturday (I stayed exactly the same).

So this week is going to be better. I went and ran 3.1 today and felt great. I've already got a workout scheduled with my friend on Weds night and am going to a spinning class right after work tomorrow. This weekend I'm meeting up with friends in NYC and one of those friends is the one who initially got me into running. I'm planning on at least one run while there with her.

I picked out a new half-marathon to train for, it's at the beginning of March in Albany, GA and sounds like a great one to try for. It gives me a month to get back in shape (I'm getting there now) and then start training hard in December. It means a lot of treadmill running or freezing outside, but I'm determined to make it this time. Thanks to inspiration from my friend Melanie, I'm going to be tracking the number of miles on my sidebar along with the amount of minutes I've worked out total.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

yay! How exciting! I definitely enjoy being able to look and see how many miles I've run... I like the runner's world tracker because it also shows me how many hours/days of my life I've spent running and makes cool charts and graphs with what I enter. I'm so glad to have been inspiring through the ole blog! :)

Fit Mommy said...

you can do it!

3 runs a week for 16 weeks would be a great build up for your half.

glad to see you stopped by on my site. hope they have a skirt chaser in your neck of the woods soon!