Thursday, October 23, 2008

Skip to My Lou

I've been trying out new things with my running routines. This week I tried what I call, "Skip To My Lou," workout. It was in this month's issue of Self Magazine, one of the two magazines I subscribe to, and really effective. I never knew skipping could be so hard. Try it out sometime if you want to change things up a little.

The instructions say to load 30 minutes of music onto a playlist and then change every song. I didn't have 30 minutes exactly; I just played my running playlist and went through each interval 3 times and then did an extra skip and extra sprint section to finish it out. Here's the workout.

Run 1 song (I ran at a 5.5 pace)
Skip 1 song (I skipped at a 4.5 pace, but you can definitely go faster)
Sprint 1 song (6.0-6.5 pace)

Repeat until your playlist ends or you've been doing it for 30 minutes (typically 9-10 songs). I worked out at paces comfortable to me, but you can definitely push yourself more if you want. I definitely felt it and didn't get bored with just running. If you have any other fun running/interval type things you've done, I'm always up for trying something new.

0 comments: