Monday, February 16, 2009

Half-Marathon Training Week 2

The beginning of half training is always the easiest. I typically don't start until I'm at least in good enough shape to run 4-5 miles easily, so the first couple of weeks is a cakewalk. But still a cakewalk I have to do, and that's the hardest part. I'm a little behind this week, but I'm going to try and post this as part of Wishcake's Work-It-Out Weekends to do a weekly update on training.

I did well this week or at least well enough.

Monday- I started it out with 30 minutes of Wii Fit strength training/yoga. Then I ran three miles doing intervals. I like to run a quarter mile at increasingly faster speeds in sets of four So today I started out by running the first set at 5.5, 5.8, and 6.0 and then continued to increase per set. So I ended up running this.

Walked 1/2 mile
5.5, 5.8, 6.0, 6.2
5.5, 5.8, 6.0, 6.2
5.5, 5.8, (each 1/4 mile), 6.2, 6.5, 6.7, 7.0 (each 1/10 mile).
Walked 1/2 mile

Tuesday- Tuesday I ran (and partially walked) hills. I did a 60 min hill workout on the treadmill with a max incline of 6.0 and max speed of 5.8. I probably ran (between 5-5.8) about 3 of the 4.5 miles, and by the end I was beat. Hills are great, but they kill me.

Wednesday- Got in at least my 30 minutes of cardio playing 90-120 minutes of Raving Rabbids, a new Wii game I bought for Richie. It's got things in there where you have to play instruments with the Wii remotes, dance, and do silly things like ride a motorcycle. I was sweating heavily by the end.

Thursday- Ran 4 miles at an easy pace (5.8 on treadmill) and felt great. I definitely could've kept going, which is always a good sign.

Overall I ran 10 miles this week and walked (on an incline) around 2 1/2 for a total of 12.5 miles. That's not a ton, but it's definitely better than before. Only ten more weeks.

My goals for this week are:
Drink at least 64 oz of water (I've been really dehydrated) a day.
Get in 3-4 runs.
Run at least one five-miler.
Go to one spinning class.
30 minutes on the Wii Fit 2-3 times.
Lose 1 lb for weigh-in on Saturday.

0 comments: