Sunday, December 12, 2010

BFL: Week 1 Complete

Okay so I'm going to have to admit I'm not sure I really should count this week as my first week of the challenge, but I'm going to anyway. I may not have done everything perfectly, or even close to perfectly, but I already feel a ton better because I'm thinking about what I'm eating and about being more active.

Food:
Overall I did extremely well with food this week. I used Tuesday (my cookie swap) as my free day and made the decision to eat well all day and just splurge a little during my swap. That splurge included only three cookies and then I took all the leftovers to work to get rid of them. The rest of the week I only slipped (purposely) a couple of times including eating a piece of my sopapilla cheesecake last night and a bowl of loaded baked potato soup (with bacon) on Friday night for dinner group.

It's amazing how even after only six days my eating habits are already beginning to change and when I go to eat cookie it just doesn't taste good or I don't want a second at least. And when I eat a meal, I really just want a small portion rather than to indulge.

Workouts:
Other than getting up with Afton on Monday morning I didn't do any of the planned BFL workouts. In fact the only other workouts I did were some intense volleyball on Monday and Wednesday night (2 hours each time).

Overall analysis:
I lost 3.5 lbs this week. And like I said before, this week already had me feeling much better without even including the workouts. So let's see how a week of workouts + good eating goes.

Next week's goal:
Complete at least 5 of the 6 workouts. I'd love to do all six but my cardio on Sat is probably not realistic since I have a vball tournament starting at 9AM.

0 comments: