Monday, December 6, 2010

Upper Body Workout 1

I got up at 6 this morning, drank some water, and got ready for my upper body workout with Afton. I walked out the door to go downstairs to meet her and realized I'd forgotten my keys. Richie wouldn't wake up so I went ahead with the workout and got keys from the front desk after. He still wasn't awake.

Overall the workout was fine, but I realized something. Not only am I weak physically, I'm weak mentally, which is probably why I quit things so easily. Trying to help me out - I really do appreciate it - Afton gave me a couple of pointers on my form. All of the pointers were useful and helped but inside I was annoyed and thinking, "I'm here aren't I. Just let me do this." That's a terrible way to think about things, but I tend to think about a lot of things that way too often. I'm not sure if it's pride or really just me being too sensitive about certain things, but it's another thing I'm going to work on during this challenge. I have to be able to take criticism, especially constructive criticism, or I'll never get anywhere in life. Because I'm not always or ever going to be perfect.

But I did it. Only like 6000 more upper body workouts to go. I thought about putting my actual workouts here, but I just don't think anyone cares. And this is more for me to write what I'm thinking and feeling as I go through the challenge. My way to keep motivating myself to keep moving forward. But in case you do care, here goes...

Chest - dumbbell flys + dumbbell press
Shoulders - military press + front raises
Back - Upright rows + Lat Pulldown
Triceps - Dips (killer by the way) + Tricep kickbacks
Biceps - Hammer Curls + Bicep Curls

0 comments: