Thursday, July 24, 2008

My First and One of Only a Few Weight Loss Posts

I may throw a weight loss note in here every once in a while. I hate to go on and on about weight loss so it will be an infrequent occurrence. I’ll still make this blog mostly my exercise/running blog so no worries. But last night was monumental.

Mom and I made a deal last night- if we lose 10 lbs by October 1st, we are going to do something extremely fun together to reward ourselves. I’ve got 10 weeks. Better get on it. Now. I think I might go to a Weight Watcher’s meeting on Saturday. I think the only way I’m ever going to actually make any changes is if I have someone (not myself) keeping me accountable. I’m not a very good liar so it’d be much easier if I had to go to a meeting and tell someone yes I worked out, because I actually did. $40/month is a small price to pay for my mental and physical well-being.

2 comments:

Fit Mommy said...

Did you go to weight watchers yet? I did it and lost 10 pounds- all online. Did the weighins online and everything.

As far as weight loss- change the phrase to building muscle. I like it better that way! SOunds more positive.

pinksuedeshoe said...

I tried the South Beach diet and absolutely loved it. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months with no exercise. You should look into it!