Monday, July 7, 2008

On to Week Three

Two weeks ago I started the One Hundred Pushup challenge and have been very optimistic about everything. I started only being able to do four pushups. Last night I did 16 without stopping so I guess you could say it's working and I was excited to be able to do 100 push ups a month from now.

Until.I.looked.at.week.3.

Week 1 and 2 had me doing intervals of 3-6 push ups; week 3 has me doing intervals of 16-20 push ups. I can do 16 push ups without stopping but don't know if I can do 16 then sixty seconds later do another 16. We'll see how it goes. I may have to do week 3 a couple of times to get through it. Either way, it's working since I can do 4x as many push ups now than when I started.
If you haven't joined in on the challenge, you should. It only takes about 30 minutes, and I already feel a little stronger. As for the rest of my workouts lately, they've non-existent. I'm hoping to get back in the mode next week while I'm in Kansas. My brother and dad have been running, and I'm hoping they'll be the motivation I need to get the ball rolling. When I get back, I'm going cold turkey into working out and eating better.

I know there are at least a few of you out there doing the challenge with me. How's it going? Have you seen any progress since you started? I'd love to hear it's getting easier (or harder) for everyone else too. Good luck in week 3.

3 comments:

Edger said...

I'm a week behind so I'll let you know how I feel about week 3 when I get there!

BigBottomMcGee said...

I haven't been doing the push up challenge, but good for you! Go into week three thinking you can do it, and you will!

Anonymous said...

me and marcia have done atleast a hundred a handful of times already!! its so exciting when you get done and say wow! i just did a hundred push ups!!