Friday, August 1, 2008

Dedication Meets Stupidity

I brought my stuff to work yesterday or at least most of it. I forgot socks but because I didn't want to skip running I decided to run anyways. Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done. I was really just asking for blisters, and blisters I got. I've got a row of blisters on the inside sole of both feet. They don't hurt a whole lot until I run again.

But.I.Ran

I walk/ran a total of 35 minutes and ran 9 songs (so probably about 30 out of the 45 minutes), and it actually felt great, other than the blisters of course. I'm loving this whole trail outside of my office that I can run on every day. It's beautiful, the miles are marked, and there's actually shade about half of the time.

I'm hoping to make nightly runs a part of my weekly routine, at least until it gets too cold out. Then I'll make morning runs the weekly routine. Either way, I'm going to keep running. I already have more confidence and am feeling better. Not sure if I'm actually losing weight, but I feel stronger every single time I run.

So.I'll.Keep.Going.

Get out there this weekend and enjoy the beautiful (if it is beautiful) weather. I'm planning on running tomorrow again if these blisters aren't too bad. If not, I'll be back on Monday.

0 comments: