Monday, August 4, 2008

My New Favorite Trail

There is something about running outside that makes it so much more pleasant. And running five songs out and being able to turn around and say, oh hey I'm almost done (or at least on my way back). I think maybe I had just gotten so sick of having to drive to the gym to run on a treadmill and then drive home. This whole running on the trail by my office after work seems to be working. I almost didn't go today- I was really tired- but then I told myself if I run today, I only have to run 2 days out of the next five. Two!! I'm going to try and run more but two sounds so easy.

One day down, two to go. I ran 38 minutes, probably about 3.5 miles (haven't measured yet) today. I'm thinking about asking for a Garmin running GPS thing for my birthday so that I can actually track my distances. Either way, I ran the entire time and felt great! My confidence is returning little by little. It's definitely a love week.

1 comments:

tootie said...

I agree - running outside is a lot more fun than treadmill running.

Let me know if you get the Garmin. I was thinking of getting one, but I'd love to hear a personal review of it first.