Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week 1...Again

It seems like I just keep starting over with this whole running thing. I run once, twice, or maybe even three times a week and then get too busy and just don't go the next week. It really isn't working for me at all. I sat down today and planned out a sixteen week training schedule that really seems doable (2-3 miles 3x a week for the next two weeks then moving up...).

My dad and I made the decision to sign up for the Memphis St. Jude half-marathon on December 6th, hence the 16 week training. I'm really going for it this time. No more excuses. I'm so sick of starting over. This time I'm running the half and signing up for another one in April so I don't lose it all over again because I just can't get myself started again and again.

Well enough rambling, just wanted to write a quick update for myself and whoever reads this blog. I did run today, only two miles, but it was more than yesterday or the day before. And it was what I'd scheduled myself to do so I'm on the right track. Tomorrow is strength/XT and then back into the running shoes on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Sara Jane said...

I'm with you on this. I'm in training for a half in Kiawah Island on Dec. 6th as well. So we can help support eachother!

Good luck with your training!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Keep up with it. You're right - 2 miles today is more than if you didn't do 2 miles today. No shame in that! And you've got plenty of time to be in half marathon shape by Dec. 6th. Have some fun with it!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

When I first started running long races I just went to runnersworld.com, found a good plan for me and followed it. If you haven't already, that's a great place to find good running guides and resources that anyone can follow. You're going to have a great time at the 1/2!

Kara said...

That's great! Hopefully knowing that you're committed to doing something with someone else will help keep you going as well. :)