Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Almost Like Running Again

It's been almost two weeks since I started running again, and I'm getting to the point where I almost remember why I started in the first place. It just makes me feel so good. When I get off the treadmill, my abs feel tight and my tummy is all sucked in (and not because I'm sucking it in). I want to make better choices when I'm eating because junk food just doesn't sound good (well except for my nightly craving for raw ramen noodles ). Maybe it's just the fact that I can watch TV without feeling bad or the endorphins talking, but I'm definitely feeling better about everything right now, including myself; that's a biggie.

I ran again tonight while watching Grey's Anatomy. When we finally get into a house someday, my housewarming present to myself is going to be a treadmill. Or dad, I'll let you buy me one. :) I always tell people that if I had a treadmill in my house I'd run every day because I could just sit and watch TV. Now that there's a treadmill kind of in my house (just downstairs) , and I can watch my own personal TV, I'm all for running and/or walking. Normally I'd be off the treadmill as soon as I was done with my required miles but now I stay and finish out the show and just walk up an extremely steep hill while doing so. It makes me feel much better about watching TV when I'm running rather than sitting on my butt.

I can do it. I can run this half-marathon, especially with the new fall season starting soon. Thank goodness the strike is over.

2 comments:

tootie said...

Yes, you can definitely do it! Glad that your training is going so well.

Mojito Maven said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm also wanting to do another half-marathon, but I'm finding it really difficult. Your blog keeps me going. Thanks!!

I also gave you a fun award on my blog (if you choose to participate).