Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grand Prize... A Massage

I got a coupon in the mail the other day for a $39 hour long full-body massage, and I decided to make good use of it. I'm making it a reward for working out. Richie's going to TX in two weeks, and I need something to do while he's gone. So we made a deal. If I work out ten times in the next two weeks (before he leaves on the 18th) I get to schedule and go for a massage while he's gone. We went to dinner last night and determined the conditions of the deal because it has to actually be hard to get or I won't appreciate it quite as much.

The fine print...
  • A workout consists of either running 3+ miles or one hour of another type of working out (cardio, strength training, videos, classes, etc.).
  • At least five of the workouts have to be running (to stick with the half-marathon training).
  • Any dessert I eat (more than 50 calories/fudgesicle) negates one workout.
  • Any food that I eat that has no nutritional value (aka ramen noodles) negates one workout.
  • I can get more than one workout credit a day by working out longer or multiple times.

That's it. That's all I have to do. It shouldn't be too hard other than the fact that he leaves in approximately 11 days, and I don't workout on Sundays. So that means I have to workout once every day this week and once every day until he leaves the next. Piece of cake (that I can't eat). All I can think about is how bad I want that massage. I'm switching up my workout log on the sidebar with a countdown of the ten workouts. Counting down is so much easier than counting up. Rewards/competition really is a huge motivating factor for me so hopefully this works.

1 comments:

cat said...

you crack me up!! I used to make all kinds of deals (but that always leaves openings for excuses or beating myself up) and I'm all about figuring out on paper....but it's all about action and nobody says it better than Nike...you have to JUST DO IT. Good Luck!:)