Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dancing Through the Hallways

I remember a couple of years ago I was training for my second half-marathon in college. I mostly ran outside that year, and I remember vividly the home stretch of a 7 mile run. I was running down the sidewalk and literally dancing while I ran. My strides felt more like I was bouncing along, and my spirit lifted right along with my steps.

I got that same feeling today. There is just something about the combination of music and running that lifts my spirit. I got off the elevator after my run and bobbed my head and body back and forth to the beat as I walked back to my apartment. But it didn't stop there- I kept the IPOD on and cleaned up my kitchen and cooked dinner, something I haven't done in a long time. And even now I'm in a much better mood than I have been all weekend. Thanks running.

2 comments:

Edger said...

I love when it finally feels like that again! I had one of those for the first time in a while today...but I think it was because it was the first time in weeks it was only 70 degrees while I was running, not the music. I need to download some new songs...any favorites?

tootie said...

There is nothing better than having a good song energize your run! So glad you found your inspiration!