Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One Down, Nine to Go

That's how I track my running when I'm outside and have no idea how far I've gone. I normally run about the same speed so I'll track my miles based on how many songs I'm run to so far. Three songs typcially equals about a mile so at the beginning I just tell myself I have to run for 10 songs and count down as I go.

I haven't been running with music lately; I've been watching TV instead, but today I mixed it up a little while on the treadmill. It was 11:00 when I started running so all I could find on TV was Lingo on the Game Show Network. I decided to listen and run to music during commercial breaks, and it really helped keep me going. I ran three miles today without stopping in a little over 30 minutes, and I felt great. No red face, no hard breathing, no wheezing aftewards. I'm not quite back in shape yet, but I'm getting there. Getting into - it's time to actually start training for this half-marathon - shape. And it feels just as good as I always tell people it does.

And that massage is going to feel even better. I may miss Richie while he's in TX, but for that hour, I think I'll be able to hold myself together.

4 comments:

cat said...

Jon & Kate pus Eight was on TLC at 11:00. Good job of getting your miles in last night!!!

tootie said...

Enjoy that massage! You've earned it!

Sara Jane said...

mapmyrun.com is a great site that allows you to map out where you ran outside without having to go and drive it!

Good luck with your training!

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I "ran" across your blog..but.. I'm training for my first half.. and I found a great lil gizmo for running outside and keeping tabs on your mileage - without spending an arm and a leg.. It's called the Nike SportsBand. It's $60 and an awesome tool! I can't run without it now!