Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Interval Training= My New Best Friend

I made a decision today. I have to keep running. No other exercise does for me what running does. I just need to suck it up and get out there, slow and steady. So I did it. I did a 45 minute hill interval workout on the elliptical then jumped on the treadmill to run a mile to finish out the workout.

And.I.Ran.Three.

Three miles broken up into half mile chunks. I ran half a mile, walked .1 mile, ran half a mile, etc. I ran a total of three miles and walked another .5. And after a nice stretch, I felt great!

I may not be able to run 13.1 miles without walking anytime in the near future, but I'm not going to give up. I'll keep going until I can run 13.1 miles even if I have to walk between every mile. It's better than not running at all.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

SO true! Keep it up and you'll be there in no time.

Sara Jane said...

Keep it up! I know you can do it!

Jackie said...

Are you planning to run a half marathon? If so, which one? Alson and I want to run one!