Monday, October 6, 2008

Long Time No See

After the raving review from the doctor about my shin splints, I decided to heed his counsel and stop running for a couple of weeks. Too bad I stopped running, walking, and any other form of exercise I could think of. Probably not the best idea to strengthen my muscles, but oh well it's too late to go back and change it right?

So I'm going to start working out again this week and try and throw some running in every couple of days to see how things are going. People say one of the most common causes of shin splints is pushing yourself too hard too fast, so I'm going to take it nice and slow. I joined Weight Watchers this week (since I can't run, which is normally my trick to losing weight) and as part of my Sunday routine I'm going to be planning out weekly meals and an exercise schedule so I can actually fit everything in. I did a 30 minute Biggest Loser sculpting DVD tonight that was rough but felt great and am going to get some cardio in hopefully before bed or maybe tomorrow morning. I really think morning workouts would do me wonders, but will they do me more wonders than more sleep?

Oh well, I just wanted to give everyone an update. I didn't fall of the face of the earth. I'm not running a half-marathon in December but am going to keep running and keep posting on this blog about my progress. My goal is to be able to run 5 miles without stopping because I'm out of breath or in pain by the end of October. Slow and steady wins (or finishes at least) the race.

0 comments: