Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mixing It Up

I've been paying for a gym for the past year, and I've only been a couple of times in the past six months because I didn't feel like driving 15-20 minutes to workout when I have a treadmill downstairs.

I realized today that there is a gym five minutes from my house! So since I'm paying for the gym, I might as well start taking advantage of the things I can't get in my apartment gym like the classes. I love trying out new classes even if I feel like an idiot the majority of the time.

Every book or article I've read about staying motivated to workout says to keep your workouts varied so you don't get bored. So I'm going to take advantage of those classes and go to two classes a week- one on Tuesday and one on Saturday. I went to spinning tonight and LOVED it. It kicked my butt, but I feel great now.

Not sure what I'll try next, but I'm excited to be out doing new things again. It really does make working out more fun than just running on the treadmill every day.

0 comments: