Friday, January 2, 2009

Getting Back on the Treadmill

I've been at my parent's house for the past ten days, and it killed me. I was pretty active (walking around an amusement park, 2-on-2 volleyball, racquetball, and basketball) but I didn't get any running in. And I got more than enough sweets in.

So yesterday started yet another new beginning for me. I ended off the year with a bang (and some gummy bears) and am ready to start this one off even better (and minus the gummy bears). Nine weeks from Saturday I'm planning to run my fourth half-marathon, and I'm really doing it this time. No more excuses this time. I wrote out my schedule and am going to stick to it. Albany, GA here I come.

I'm going to try and update this blog as I continue my training to keep me both motivated and tracking my progress. I ran 3.1 (I always try to run at least 5K) on the treadmill today while watching Friends and the GAC country music countdown. The run itself was okay, not great, but I made it. It was the first run back after a two week break, and I'm glad I did it. I'm going to dinner tonight and then down to the gym for some cross training... then a five-miler tomorrow. One day at a time. I'm going to do it.

0 comments: