Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Training Can't End Until It Begins

So it's about time I used this blog for an actual purpose and wrote on it regularly. People say that writing about something (eating, exercising, etc.) is a good way to make you really think about it and make it a habit. So I'm going to try and write on this blog about each of my workouts, good or bad. Just as a way to journal my progress. I think that was kind of the point of this blog in the first place, but I'm starting a new.

Speaking of starting, I wrote out my half training and lucky me I've got the rest of this week before my 12 weeks of training start. The miles will go up gradually each week, but here's a basic week of training for me.

Sunday- Rest/Stretch/Yoga on the Wii Fit
Monday- Run intervals/speedwork (3-5 miles total)
Tuesday- Either a short run with hills (~2 miles) spinning.
Wednesday- Easy run (3-5 miles)
Thursday- Either a short run with hills (~2 miles) spinning.
Friday- Rest/stretch day
Saturday- Long run (4-11 miles)

On top of this, I'm still going to continue doing the toning and yoga exercises on Wii Fit but mostly just because I enjoy them. My goal is to get all of the running workouts in each week or at least the three major (intervals, easy, and long) runs and at least one other day of hard sweating.
And I've decided that I need to give myself a reward when I do well in my training. So for every week of training I successfully complete, I'm going to give myself a small reward (soak in the bath tub, sleep in a little longer, manicure, etc.). And when I finally lose the last five pounds that my body really just wants to hold onto, I'm going to get a massage.

0 comments: