Sunday, January 25, 2009

MIA to BIA (Back in Action)

I haven't been around for a while, and I wish I could say I had been running all that time I was gone. But I haven't been. I got miserably sick two weeks ago and then my friend came into town for the inauguration. Needless to say the training didn't go so well.

Good thing my dad decided this week that he couldn't do March 7. So we changed the location and push back the date six weeks. Now I get to start another 12 week training program tomorrow. I think it's about perfect other than the fact that the course has hills, and I've never run hills before. A slight slope yes, hills no.

I've never trained for hills. I've never run on hills. And I'm not excited about running hills but I'm going to have to. So the question is how do you train for hills? I currently do one day of interval/speed training, one day of tempo training, and one long run. I'm planning on adding in one more day of running for hill training but have no idea where to start.Please help.My next set of half-training (since the date has been pushed back) starts tomorrow and runs for 12 weeks. Any advice on running/training for hills will help in the cause of keeping me alive when I run on April 25.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I got your comment about your half plans and have to say YAY YAY YAY!!! I LOVE our half marathon here. And it is a little hilly, but the worst hills really come in the full marathon. Most of the hills in the half are gradual little inclines, and you go down as much as up. Just try to run somewhere hilly from time to time and you'll be just fine.

Courtney said...

Love your Half Widget! I just signed up for my 4th half also.

Except the last time I ran was over two years ago! Eeek!

Good luck! I'll be following you (the blog... not YOU specifically!)