Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A New Start

I've been writing on my other blog for almost a year now, and I write almost daily. That is my happy and playful blog so I don't want to bog it down with my rants about exercise and eating better (you'll learn quickly that I don't like the word diet). That's what this blog is for. It's something to track my progress as I get back in shape.

Friends and family still say I look great, but I don't feel great. I actually don't even feel good. Almost exactly three years ago I ran my first half-marathon in Athens, OH. That same year, I ran my second half marathon in Death Valley, CA. Right before my wedding in 2006, I ran my third in Boise, ID.

Then I got married.

I think that since I've gotten married, I've maybe run 20 times and that may be pushing it. While in college, I was also playing volleyball three times a week and playing racquetball at least once. Those were also traded in for the wedding band. For some reason I am just not motivated. As another added bonus to marrying a husband who can eat like crazy and burn more calories in his sleep than I burn in an entire day- I started eating more.

Not working out+ Eating More= Not feeling very good about myself.

So I'm starting this blog to turn over a new leaf. I love writing in my current blog and think that maybe if I have this one, I'll do things (whether it's exercise or trying new healthy recipes) to give me something to write about.

I've found that I can't love and hate something at the same time. It works for some people but not for me- hate always wins. So my goal for this blog is to turn that hate into love- love of running, love of healthy food, and hopefully a greater love of myself.

1 comments:

Dennis said...

Seems that you should stop the blogging and begin the running. I'm ready to get back on the half marathon circuit. But don't want to do it alone. Dad