Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Virginia Beach Rock & Roll

I did it. I picked out the perfect half-marathon today, and it almost got me excited to begin my training next week. There's a rock and roll half-marathon Labor Day weekend in Virginia Beach. It's two hours away from home and right by the beach, who could ask for more. There's even bands playing everywhere on the course, and running is so much easier with music. I've got seventeen weeks (starting Sunday) to get my butt in gear. If anyone wants to join me in training, I'd love the company. I'm gonna work out my goals and training plan in the next few days and will post them this weekend.

Wish me luck. The last two times I tried to start training, I got injured in the first two weeks. This time I'm going to take it nice and slow. Seventeen weeks should about do it.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I would love to join you in your training program! I have been feeling awful lately as well, and since getting married in September I have been eating terribly and I have been wayy too lazy. Currently, though, I can barely even run one mile, much less 13! What sort of training program do you plan on using?

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

Your dedication is inspiring! Good luck training for this.

Anonymous said...

totally joining your training program :) I was thinking of something similar...i can't do the whole running four days/week thing so i think the 2 short runs and one long run with cross training mixed in will be good :)

i was going to sign up for the rock and roll half but decided to sign up for hte north face...something a little closer to home :) Good luck!!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

You are going to freakin' love that race! Elite Racing does a great job at putting together these huge marathons with live bands. Good luck on training! All those plans sound great. I have a great book by Hal Higdon that I often refer to...Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide.