Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Goal #2- Three Days

So goal #1 wasn't actually ever written down anywhere but in my head, but it was to run 3.1 miles (5K) without stopping. I got up this morning, got on the treadmill and just kept going. And guess what, I did it. My face may have been bright red (still is actually), but I probably could have even kept going.

I think it's about time to get serious about this whole running thing so my next goal is to get in three days of running a week. I'm hoping to accomplish that goal this week and work towards another goal (called strength training) next. I've learned that big goals come by setting up smaller ones that add up to equal the big one. Kind of like 1+1+1=3. Obviously my ultimate goal is to run another half-marathon so I've got to just keep coming up with smaller goals that will get me there.

I'm writing it down this time. This week's goal is to run three days a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

BigBottomMcGee said...

Great job! Strength training is something that I've been really bad at incorporating into my workout, too...

tootie said...

Good for you! Keep it up!