Friday, June 27, 2008

Two Steps Forward and One Step Back

Here's a typical day in the life of me.

7:00-11:00 AM- Eat a good healthy breakfast and snacks.
Noon- Eat a healthy lunch and take a walk around my office (or my block).
2:00 PM- Crave, buy, and eat [enter junk food here] something.
5:00 PM- Go home and make a healthy dinner.
7:00 PM- Sit in front of the TV or computer thinking about how I should go to the gym.
9:00 PM- Work out (or not).
11:00 PM- Stop for a Frosty on the way home from the gym.

It seems like I can't make it through an entire day or being good, let alone a week. I keep taking one step forward (eating healthy and working out) then taking two steps backwards (gummy bears, not working out for three days). I'm pretty sure I won't make it to the top of the stairs anytime soon (or anytime for that matter).

So my goal for next week is to start taking two steps forward and only one step back. It might take me a while but at least that way I might eventually make it to the top.

2 comments:

Edger said...

ugh...that sounds exactly like my day. well, except my self control lasts through the afternoon but after 6pm...forget it. maybe if i made actual dinner instead of the fake chicken nuggets or skipping right to the pint of frozen yogurt i'd have a little more success!

Kara said...

That looks all too familiar...

I found it to be really helpful to keep a sweet or salty snack with me for that afternoon crave. My favorites are a sugar free Jello chocolate pudding cup (60 calories - less than the fat-free kind) or some saltines or some pretzels. The pudding really helps when I am craving chocolate!