Thursday, June 19, 2008

My First Race

Did you know that the only races I've ever run have been half-marathons? People say that signing up for races actually gets you moving. I'm not sure why not, but I've never signed up for any shorter races as part of my training. Well that trend has been broken. I just signed up for a 10K that is five weeks away so I better get my butt in gear and start running. I can run at least 3 miles now so hopefully 6.2 isn't an unreachable goal. I searched for 5Ks, but there weren't any listed in my area in the next month or so. So 10K it is. My first ever non-half race and hopefully a boost to reaching that final half marathon goal. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Signing up is always the best motivation!

tootie said...

You can definitely do it! Just take it step by step.

I'm running a 5K on Saturday. My neighbor is running it with me, so it should be fun.

Edger said...

I'm kind of an all or none girl myself....marathons, check, 5K...never! 10K's to half marathons are perfect though...you'll have no problem!

BigBottomMcGee said...

Good for you! I'm sure you'll do great.

I've never been much of a runner, so I started out with a 10K last year, too. I'm running a 5K this Saturday and another 10K in July. Maybe I'll get up the courage to run the half one of these times!