Friday, June 13, 2008

I Must've Tired My iPod Out Last Night

This morning was one of those worst case scenario days. One of those days that you have every excuse not to work out (and not just excuses I'm make up). Richie had to be in early, so I dropped him off at the metro and went to the gym with the motive to run outside then shower at the gym before work. I remember distinctly putting my iPod and head phones in my gym bag this morning, but somehow the headphones didn't quite make it. I HATE running without music. I need some type of distraction to keep me from thinking about how far I've gone. And music just gets your feet moving when your mind and heart can't.

But I sucked it up and ran anyways. I only ran a little over 2 1/2 miles (without walking!!!), but that's better than not running at all, which is I almost did. After my run tomorrow, that'll be three days this week!! Three days the next two weeks and then I think I'm ready to officially start my training.

Oh and here's a fun story. Except for the fact that it's not fun at all. While I was on my last 1/2 mile, all the sudden I hear my name (never a good sign when you're running) and this guy on his bike stops and says, "Britni. I thought it was you." I'm staring at this guy because I sort of recognize him but really have no idea who he is. He starts talking and then notices me staring and tells me it's Milo (I remembered as soon as he said his name). Milo, my best friend's buddy that took me to Homecoming junior year of high school. Milo that I haven't seen since my junior (maybe senior) year of high school six years ago. We chatted for a minute and then I politely excused myself so I could finish my run and get to work.

The worst part of seeing him was that he recognized me. I always hope that I've changed so much (in good ways) since high school that people won't recognize me. I guess not if a guy I hung out with maybe two times could pick me out running on the street, which by the way is my #1 reason for not liking to run outside. I without fail see people I know. And nobody really wants to see me when I'm running- it's just not a pretty sight.

2 comments:

tootie said...

I'm with you - it's so hard for me to run without music. I tried once
because I thought I could pray and just think, but the run was so much more difficult.

I know it's probably safer for me to run in my neighborhood without headphones, but I'm too attached to my music.

Edger said...

good work! i've definitely skipped workouts because i haven't had my iPod, though I'm more likely to suck it up and run outside without one than do anything in the gym without one.

as for me...i don't even think i woke up enough to come up with excuses to reset the alarm today, just long enough to do it without even thinking